2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil (for vegan option)
1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk or unsweetened almond milk (for vegan option)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Put the sweet potatoes in a large pot and add just enough cold water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the potatoes to the pot on the stove top with the burner turned off. The residual heat from the pot will help any excess water burn off.
Add the remaining ingredients, using only 1/4 cup liquid to start and adding more if needed, and mash until smooth and well-combined. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information: Mash made with 1 tablespoon salted butter and 1/4 cup whole milk (6 servings): Calories 153, Fat 2g, Carb 31g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g, Protein 3g
Mash made with 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (6 servings): Calories 151, Fat 3g, Carb 30g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g, Protein 2g
We could put this Peperonata with everything...or just eat it all by itself.😍😋
This italian dish can be served as a side dish, a topping for meat, pizza, pasta or simply as an antipasto.
For Chef Daniela’s recipe see <>
APPLE BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES WITH COCONUT CARAMEL APPLES
DRY INGREDIENTS 1 3/4 cups | 210 gr. buckwheat flour 2 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp coconut sugar 1/4 tsp fine sea salt 1/4 tsp vanilla powder 2 tsp cinnamon
WET INGREDIENTS 1 1/4 cups | 310 ml + 2 tbsp almond milk 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 3 tbsp water) 2 tbsp melted coconut oil 1 cup | 110 gr. peeled and finely chopped apple (we used 1 large Royal Gala apple)
COCONUT CARAMEL APPLES 1 tsp coconut oil 2 tbsp coconut sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp water 1 Royal Gala apple, peeled and cut into wedges
STEP BY STEP
Start by gathering, preparing and measuring all of the ingredients. This will improve your dynamic in the kitchen.
1. Start by preparing your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 minutes while you sift or whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
2. Sift or whisk together all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
3. After 5 minutes, your flax egg will be ready to use — mix it in your almond milk and gently fold them into your dry ingredients. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
4. Let the pancake batter rest for 15 minutes while you peel and chop the apple.
5. Once the batter has rested for 15 minutes, fold in an aditional 2 tbsp almond milk, the melted coconut oil and the chopped apple. TO MAKE THE PANCAKES
6. Place a few drops of coconut oil on a good quality non-stick frying pan on low-medium heat and spread with the help of a kitchen paper towel. This is all the oil you will need. In between pancakes, rub the same paper towel on the pan.
7. With the help of a measuring cup, fill a 1/4 cup (60 ml) with pancake batter and place on the heated frying pan.
8. Allow to cook for 2 or 3 minutes until bubbles start popping on top.
9. Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook for about 2 more minutes. COCONUT CARAMEL APPLES
10. In a non-stick frying pan, melt the coconut oil and add the coconut sugar, cinnamon and water.
11. Mix and allow to combine into smooth caramel sauce.
12. Add the apple wedges and cook until soft and warm.
Made this dish from our new program's nutrition guide and it got 2 thumbs up from us! We don't eat a lot of pork, but it's nice to add in some variety!
Topping it with this flavorful peach and jalapeño salsa adds some sweetness as well as a little kick to it. It’s quick and easy to make, and is ready in minutes. Besides making the salsa, all you have to do is grill the meat!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium ripe peaches peeled, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion choppped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeds and veins removed, chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco®)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 raw center-cut pork chops lean, boneless
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1) Combine peaches, onion, jalapeño, red pepper flakes, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and cilantro; mix well. Set aside.
2) Preheat grill or broiler on high.
3) Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
4) Grill or broil chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
5) Top pork chops evenly with salsa; serve immediately.