Slow Cooker Meatloaf Meatballs.
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Set two wire racks on two rimmed baking sheets lined with foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup water, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add beef and breadcrumbs and mix well (preferably with your hands).
- With wet hands, from the mixture into 1 1/4-inch meatballs (you will have about 65 to 75 meatballs).
- Arrange the meatballs on the wire racks and bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a slow cooker add tomato puree, ketchup, remaining 1 cup water, brown sugar, onion, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Transfer baked meatballs to the slow cooker. Cover and cook until sauce is hot, 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.